The Premier League is well and truly underway. The relegation places are starting to shape up, the race for Europe is looking extremely competitive, and the usual title challengers are beginning to emerge. There are even a few surprise packages in the pack, too, as England’s top flight continues to be one of the most competitive football competitions on the planet.
For fans, the usual debates are dominating the fan channels on YouTube, the column inches in the newspapers, and the Twitter timelines. One such area of being a football supporter which is clear cut, though, is the Fantasy Premier League players who are already bringing in the points this season.
Most Premier League fans play the game, with some reading up on the latest FPL tips from fantasy football experts ahead of each game week. This season appears to be like no other in terms of fantasy football assets too, with more world-class names to fit into teams than ever before. For example, there is no way you can have a side containing Bruno Fernandes, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, Harry Kane and Romelu Lukaku. Given all of their combined values, it’s practically impossible.
Chances are, you’ll only be able to fit in three of the aforementioned stars into your starting line-up. Below we look at the three you simply have to select and some other players to complement them, potentially ahead of your wildcard in the next week or so.
Ronaldo, Salah and Lukaku Are Top Dogs
Despite a mixed start from both Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo, both players are key men in their respective sides. Much has been talked about Ronaldo and whether or not he has the legs to sustain a Premier League title tilt, but his reaction at full-time to the recent draw against Everton, where he started the match on the bench, clearly indicates just how hungry he is to succeed at the Red Devils once again. Anything good Manchester United do this season will surely have one of the game’s greats at the forefront of it. Ronaldo is a necessity.
Like Ronaldo, Lukaku has made a rather indifferent start but is the focal point of the Chelsea attack. Many experts are tipping Thomas Tuchel’s side for the title, with Lukaku expected to produce the goods to help fire them to glory. The big Belgian was in competition at the top of the scoring charts with Ronaldo in Serie A last season, and the same could materialise in the Premier League this campaign. Leave Lukaku out, and you’ll be in for an incredibly stressful season.
As for Mohamed Salah, he is the most reliable name on the entire list of players. After starting the season in blistering form and scoring some spectacular goals to boot, the Egyptian is still very much king. If your side doesn’t contain Mohamed Salah, then you’ll probably struggle this season. Like with many fantasy campaigns before, he is essential.
The best of the rest
- Michail Antonio has carried on his form from last season into the new one, with the West Ham man offering a solid goal conversion rate and nearing the top of the scoring charts already this season.
- Brighton are a surprise package so far this campaign, and Neal Maupay is one of the key reasons as to why. He’ll start every week and appears to be in the mood this season.
- Hwang Hee-Chan is a name many fans would never have heard of before his move to England in the summer, but the South Korean is improving on a weekly basis and appears to be striking up a solid partnership with Raúl Jiménez.
- Leeds are always good for goals and you can bet your bottom dollar that Raphinha will be involved in most of them. Get him in immediately.
- Danny Ings’ move to Aston Villa hasn’t fully got going yet but the signs are there. The Villains will surely occupy the top half of the table this campaign, with Ings expected to register good numbers along the way.
– Leicester have had a mixed start but Jamie Vardy most definitely hasn’t. Vardy guarantees goals.
lu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo, both players are key men